What kind of exercises can I do while recuperating from a torn ACL that can help stabilize my knee?

Closed chain . Closed chain exercises are the best for your knee after an ACL reconstruction. Are you seeing a therapist? You should be, and they can show you closed chain exercises. Closed chain exercises include lunges and squats. The feet are on the ground and not moving, the exercises involve multiple joints, and the forces are compressive across the joint, which is better for a healing ACL reconstruction.
I agree. Also, focus on your, range of motion, quad strength and overall lower body flexibility. Best of luck!