What kind of exercises can I do while recuperating from a torn ACL that can help stabilize my knee?

Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Closed chain

Closed chain exercises are the best for your knee after an ACL reconstruction.
Are you seeing a therapist? You should be, and they can show you closed chain exercises. Closed chain exercises include lunges and squats. The feet are on the ground and not moving, the exercises involve multiple joints, and the forces are compressive across the joint, which is better for a healing ACL reconstruction.

In brief: Closed chain

Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I agree

Also, focus on your, range of motion, quad strength and overall lower body flexibility.
Best of luck!

In brief: I agree

Best of luck!
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine