If I had an injury to my tailbone (coccyx) because of a fall, how long will it take to recover?

Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Weeks

A very common injury.
One I have had myself. Very painful as you know, particularly when sitting down. In my experience, this takes 2-4 weeks to resolve. Heat and anti-inflammatories can help take the edge off.

In brief: Weeks

A very common injury.
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: It can take months

Comfortable sittingis usually the only problem for month ive seen it persist for years rarely injections are usedto calm doqn area ive surgically removed the coxccyx this has apoor sucess rate best to stay away from surgery no one can hurry true healing.

In brief: It can take months

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston