How can I regain flexibility in my hip joints after surgery for slip capital femoral epiphysis?

Dr. ISRAEL GRINBERG
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Therapy...!!!

Therapy is the answer..
..Therapeutic exercises, stretching exercises, treadmill, bike , etc.

In brief: Therapy...!!!

Therapy is the answer..
Dr. ISRAEL GRINBERG
Dr. ISRAEL GRINBERG
Dr. Jenny Frances
Orthopedic Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: It depends

My guess is that your decreased mobility is caused by the amount of change of your normal hip anatomy that occurred before you had to treatment for the slip.
In order to answer this question, I recommend going to an orthopedic surgeon and obtaining radiographs. A few patients are indicated for hip osteotomies to improve range of motion when stiffness interferes with function or causes pain.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Jenny Frances
Dr. Jenny Frances
Dr. Tim Schrader
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depends.

The bony deformity from a slipped capital femoral epiphysis may be limiting your flexibility.
This is a form of femoroacetabular impingment (fai). Typically, patients with a scfe have limited flexion and internal rotation. Your motion may increase some following the inital surgery to treat the sliping but additional surgery may be needed to address the residual deformity.

In brief: It depends.

Dr. Tim Schrader
Dr. Tim Schrader
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery