The back of my heel hurts really bad, especiallyout of bed. I can't even hardly walk in the mornings. Any advise?

Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Plantar fasciitis
Most likely, you have plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of the plantar fascia (soft tissue) on the bottom of your foot, near the heal.
The treatment of this includes anti-inflammatories and stretching. I would suggest you see a foot and ankle specialist or a podiatrist and they can get you plugged in for some foot therapy for stretching of your plantar fascia.

In brief: Plantar fasciitis
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry
In brief: Rest Heel to Heal.
The description of your symptoms does not include swelling, just pain.
That would indicate that this problem is not of an acute nature, although it may feel like it. The tendon is composed of tissue that does not have a great blood supply. Because of this, the tendon will need longer to heal. To promote this , I suggest heat rather than cold, rest with no stretching, and no aggressive activity.

In brief: Rest Heel to Heal.
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Achilles tendonitis
If it is the back of the heel, usually this is assoc with the achilles tendon.
Ice 20+ min 2 times a day, light non weight bearing stretching of the ankle, avoid barefoot, wear a shoe with a bit a heel or add a 1/4" lift to both shoes, no fitness activity and antiinflammatories as tolerated. See your foot specialists if persists. Dr l.

In brief: Achilles tendonitis
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine