I work 16 hour shifts at a nursing home any suggestions on a good pair of shoes that won't kill my feet?

In brief: Points to consider
First figure out if your feet hurt even if you are not on them. Do you need to be evaluated by a podiatrist? Do you see any pressure marks on your feet where shoes are causing friction? Where do your feet hurt? Consider: supportive insoles to cushioning and absorb shock, steel shank for distributing weight.
Wider shoes so your feet are not cramped, yet make sure they are snug. Arch supports!

In brief: Points to consider
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
In brief: Running shoes
I have heard many podiatrist recommend new balance.
A store that carries a number of good quality running shoes should be able to help you find footwear that should give you good support. If you are on your feet a lot, you might want to also consider wearing knee high surgical type support stockings to avoid venous pooling while you are up for prolonged times.

In brief: Running shoes
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine