I hit my knee on a wooden chair and I developed pain and swelling after 2 days.How long would it take to heal?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: RICE
You should start with rice as a home treatment.
After 48-72 hours you may switch to heat (instead of ice). As your pain starts to subside you may add stretching as tolerated, and massage. Once pain is gone, then gently return to activity as your strength and flexibility may need time to recovery after the injury, and you don't want to further injure yourself by attempting to go "all out" to fast.

In brief: RICE
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. James Cunnar
In brief: 7-10 days
Assuming this is just a contusion (or bruise), you should be well healed within 10 days.
If the pain doesn't improve or worsens, seek care with your physician.

In brief: 7-10 days
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine