To person who is colorblind and mixes up red and green, what would those two colors look like to them?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Shades of grey
It is hard to know exactly what a color blind patient perceives when looking at these colors, but most say they are shades of grey.
Color blind individuals have a smaller pallette from which they perceive colors and do not know the entire range that we see. This makes it difficult for them to explain exactly what colors they do see.

In brief: Shades of grey
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Ophthalmology
In brief: I see all colors
As an ophthalmologist who is red/green color blind or, more accurately, color confused, i can assure you that i see all colors but some tints of red and green can be a little difficult to tell apart.
Things for me do not appear gray at all.

In brief: I see all colors
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine