Sometimes I see spots in completely dark rooms! help. I never get a good answer. I am really worried?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: See an eye doctor
Seeing spots in total darkness is often a normal phenomenon.
The back of the eye is filled with a gel that is adherent to the film layer (retina). The gel can tug on the retina when we move our eyes, stimulating it and sending a signal that tells us we see a spot when it is really not there. An eye doctor will dilate your eyes to ensure that is all that is happening. See one soon, and don't worry.

In brief: See an eye doctor
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Ophthalmology
In brief: Get checked out
Probably just "photopsias" due to the vitreous gel inside the eye pulling on or bumping into the retina causing flashes of light.
Even in total darkness or total ocular blindness, the visual portion of the brain is still active and random patterns of all sorts can be perceived, even formed hallucinations in certain cases.

In brief: Get checked out
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine