My contact is all dryed up because I dropped it and couldn't find it til now. Can I still use it if I soak it?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: NO!

Once a contact lens has dried up, it is not safe to use.
The lens may have developed microscopic tears that can scratch the cornea, and can be harboring many types of germs that may not completely be killed. This is not the place to save money - you only get two eyes! treat them well and they will always be true to you!

In brief: NO!

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Ophthalmology

In brief: No way!

Assuming it fell on the floor, if you wouldn't eat off the floor, you wouldn't want to put a contact lens in your eye either. No 5 second rules here.
If it was sitting on a clean counter, still would not use; who knows what bacteria or fungus started growing on it while it could before drying up.

In brief: No way!

Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine