Do genital warts multiply in number, covering the entire genital area?

Yes. Since genital warts are a viral infection they can spread as any other infection. It is possible to have them be extensive enough to cover the area. This problem needs help by a dermatologist as this infection can be spread to others.
Not normally. Depending on the severity of the disease process it can be cumbersome, but generally the rash is limited to a localized area. It can spread however and is recommended that one with the warts uses good hygiene and protection during sexual encounters.