I would like to know what the best way to relieve an itchy watery eye beside compresses and allergy meds is?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not much else
If an itching, watery eye is caused by an allergic reaction, the most beneficial way of treating it is to remove the allergen, decreased the eye's response to the allergen, and treat the symptoms.
There is little else that can relieve the symptoms you describe. See an eye doctor to evaluate whether this is allergic or infectious, since they are treated quite differently.

In brief: Not much else
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Ophthalmology
In brief: Allergy cont. 2
2.Continued. Here in michigan, requiring a week of steroid drops, along with bepreve/pataday or zaditor (ketotifen) for several weeks.

In brief: Allergy cont. 2
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Ophthalmology
In brief: Allergy drops
If your itching is not improving w your current allergy drops, some patients will respond better to one over another. Generally, most of the allergy drops are similar: bepreve (bepotastine besilate), (bepotastine besilate) zaditor, Pataday but I have heard a preference from my patients and staff that use bepreve (bepotastine besilate).
Many report a rapid feeling of relief when we give them a drop in the office. Patients often have severe allergic conjunctivitis.

In brief: Allergy drops
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine