I was recently told i had high cholesterol (271). I have 2 small kids so i don't have much time for anything. What are some easy ways to lower it?

Pathology

In brief: Rx

This level (if correct) at your age will almost certainly require a statin.
I appreciate your candor about not having the time, and perhaps not the emotional energy, to follow a "supposed to" regimen of aerobic fitness. Do watch what you eat, manage your cholesterol for your kids' sake (it's mostly heredity), try to find a fitness activity you can enjoy with your schedule, and good luck.

In brief: Rx

Dr. James Wilentz
Would also follow simple measure such as carotid scans every few years to make sure that you are not accumulating plaque over time.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey