I forgot to mention that it was my son's drop foot that had the pereneal nerve damage & i wanted to know how long he would be down following surgery?

Dr. Steven Beer
Neurosurgery

In brief: Perineal nerve

Perineal nerve release is a straight forward procedure in which an incision is made starting along the lateral side of the knee extending down the leg usually about 5 inches.
My patients usually recover rapidly and get back to their pre surgical activity level within days. I do not restrict activity. The nerve, however, can takes months to recover function which was lost that prompted surgery.

In brief: Perineal nerve

Dr. Steven Beer
Dr. Steven Beer
Dr. Eric Weisman