My daughter has a lump on her breast and I was wandering is she too young for breast cancer?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: How old is she?

Breast cancer increases in incidence the older a person is.
For example, teenagers have a "one in a million" chance of getting breast cancer; the probability increases slightly in your 20's. That said, all breast lumps should be evaluated by a doctor.

In brief: How old is she?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Michael Thompson
I agree with Dr. Rosen. A lump should be evaluated - period. Risk may be influenced by family history, prior radiation exposure (eg mantle radiation from Hodgkin lymphoma), etc.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Likely too young

This depends on several factors including family/genetics.
While this is a possibility, it is highly unlikely. Benign breast masses are very common in young women. In particularly thin women, normal breast tissue can feel like a mass. Pay close attention and do not ignore and discuss with your primary care physician. Call sooner for a changing or growing mass or one associated with discharge

In brief: Likely too young

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Edward Gold

In brief: It depends

While breast cancer is less frequent in younger women, it can occur. Your daughter should be examined by a physician.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Edward Gold
Dr. Edward Gold
Dr. Jonathan Jassey