About the brca-1 gene (breast cancer gene)...If a male is a carrier for the gene what will happen to his daughters?

50:50 inheritance. Any child of a brca carrier has a 50:50 chance of inheriting that mutation. If they have inherited the mutation, they have a 50-80% chance of developing breast cancer, and an increeased risk of several other cancers. For more information, check this link: http://www.Cancer.Gov/cancertopics/factsheet/risk/brca.
50% chance . Each child of a father carrying a brca mutation has a 50% chance of having the same mutated gene. If a daughter has the brca1 mutation, she will have a higher chance of developing breast and ovarian cancer at an early age. Any child of a parent with a brca mutation should have genetic counseling and testing before childbearing age.
50% Each child of a brca mutation carrier has a 50/50 chance of getting the mutation regardless of gender. We usually test them for only that particular mutation (single site analysis) which is cheaper. Word of warning: two individuals with two different mutations can be married and then each child can inherit none, one, or both. We need to know the family history of both sides of the family.