What can I do if my mother died of stomach cancer, so what are the steps I should take to protect myself from cancer?

Dr. Thomas Chen
In brief: Common sense
A lot depends on your individual situation.
If your mother was young or there are other cancers in the family, you may have an inherited cancer syndrome that requires medical evaluation. In general, the best way to avoid cancer is to stop smoking, exercise, lose weight, and eat healthy. Some say cancer is a disease of aging, so it may be impossible to completely avoid cancer as we age.

In brief: Common sense
Dr. Thomas Chen
Dr. Thomas Chen
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology
In brief: Lifestyle
Healthy diet rich in fiber and active lifestyle is important.
Be current on screening tests for cancer.

In brief: Lifestyle
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine