What can I do if my mother died of stomach cancer, so what are the steps I should take to protect myself from cancer?

Dr. Thomas Chen

In brief: Common sense

A lot depends on your individual situation.
If your mother was young or there are other cancers in the family, you may have an inherited cancer syndrome that requires medical evaluation. In general, the best way to avoid cancer is to stop smoking, exercise, lose weight, and eat healthy. Some say cancer is a disease of aging, so it may be impossible to completely avoid cancer as we age.

In brief: Common sense

Dr. Thomas Chen
Dr. Thomas Chen
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology

In brief: Lifestyle

Healthy diet rich in fiber and active lifestyle is important.
Be current on screening tests for cancer.

In brief: Lifestyle

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery