I have random throbbing pain in my head. It is usually at the top then moves to the left. I can also feel someting behind my eye. What could it be?

Dr. Bruce Saran
Ophthalmology

In brief: Headache sinusitis

This is could be a headache or sinusitis (inflammation or infection of the sinus cavities around the eye socket).
The only way to sort this out is with an exam by a doctor with radiology images of the sinuses.

In brief: Headache sinusitis

Dr. Bruce Saran
Dr. Bruce Saran
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management

In brief: Cluster headache

Pain behind eye of cluster headache is a condition that involves, as its most prominent feature, an immense degree of pain that is almost always on only one side of the head.
Some doctors and scientists have described the pain resulting from cluster headaches as the most intense pain a human can endure — worse than burns, broken bones or child birth.

In brief: Cluster headache

Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Dr. Vikram Patel