Could you tell me if in the family tree, nobody have gotten breast cancer before will there be a range of people getting breast cancer?

Dr. Raymundo Romero
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: I don't know
The reality is that all women are at risk.
1 of every 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in there lifetime. Get your mammograms done.

In brief: I don't know
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Yes, probably
8-9 out of 10 women who get breast cancer do not have any family history of breast cancer. The overall risk for a woman to get breast cancer in her lifetime is about 1 in 8.
That is why regular self breast exams and screening mammograms are so important-- to pick up breast cancer early in women who have no obvious risks.

In brief: Yes, probably
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
A common misconception is that women without family histories of breast cancer are not at risk.
In reality, 85-90% of all breast cancers are not hereditary; therefore, all women are "at risk" for breast cancer, with a 1/8 lifetime risk in the us.

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Katharine Garnier
I agree, I have this discuss with women daily, urging them to get their breast exams and mammogram due to the fact that ALL women are at risk, and most who get breast cancer DO NOT have a family history. It is the same with colon cancer...not having a family history does NOT mean you are not at risk, MOST people with colon cancer do NOT have a family history...discuss screening with your doctor!
Dr. Jane Van Dis