If I smoke 5 cigarettes per day and drink green tea regularly, will I be protected enough from cancer ?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: No.
Unfortunately, there are no supplements that reverse the cancer-causing effects of cigarette smoke.
Furthermore, the only safe number of cigarettes to smoke is zero. Quit smoking for a month and see how much better you'll feel--you will then realize just how significant of an effect those 5 cigarettes a day were having on your health.

In brief: No.
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
3 comments
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Cigarettes are said to contain over 400 different carcinogens (cancer-causing substances); I wouldn't want to put any of them into my body on a regular basis.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Great collaboration. Wishing you'all the best.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: No
Smoking has been shown beyond a shadow of a doubt to cause health problems.
The damage is slow and cumulative. Green tea is a good health habit. But first and foremost there is no cheating. We all do it. We all try it. But the body still registers the injury. The best cancer prevention is simple. A healthy lifestyle.

In brief: No
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Do it right !
Do not smoke. Do not gamble !

In brief: Do it right !
Do not smoke. Do not gamble !
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Jacob Bitran
In brief: No!!!!!!
You must stop smoking.

In brief: No!!!!!!
You must stop smoking.
Dr. Jacob Bitran
Dr. Jacob Bitran
Dr. Mohamed Elmongy
In brief: Stop Smoking
I strongly recommend that you stop smoking at all.

In brief: Stop Smoking
Dr. Mohamed Elmongy
Dr. Mohamed Elmongy
Dr. Michael Rothman
In brief: Overhyped
Green tea is the latest in a long line of overhyped nutritional products.
Claims include weight loss, better health, longer life, better endurance. Do not believe the hype. Yes green tea contains some anti-oxidants and phytonutrients, but it still contains caffiene which is a stimulant and has diuretic properties. Too much green tea is not good for you.

In brief: Overhyped
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Liawaty Ho
In brief: No. pls stop smoking
No, green tea will not protect you against lung cancer.
The data regarding coffee and tea consumption in decreasing lung cancer is conflicting and unclear. Please stop smoking now- that will decrease your risk to develop smoking associated cancer.

In brief: No. pls stop smoking
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology