If alcohol drinking may lead to oral cancer, then does this mean that using mouth wash also may cause cancer?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Cancer of mouth
Using mouth wash to rinse your mouth is not known to cause oral cancer.

In brief: Cancer of mouth
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Mark Bornfeld
Dentistry
In brief: Theoretically, yes.
Although I am unaware of any authoritative studies linking alcohol-containing mouthwashes with cancer, there is a presumption that alcohol from any source can act as a carcinogen.
Epidemiologic studies have linked alcoholic beverage consumption with oral cancer, and this is thought to be at least partially a topical effect (due to contact between alcohol and the oral mucous membranes).

In brief: Theoretically, yes.
Dr. Mark Bornfeld
Dr. Mark Bornfeld
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine