What is the normal progression of the body's reaction to HRT for a male to female....Im currently on 1mg of estro and 100 mg of spiro/ both twice a day...What more can I expect and like what timeline?

Dr. Nancy Parry

In brief: Both males and femal

You need to be on natural Progesterone to balance the estrogen.
It stimulates the p53 gene to protect you from cancers.

In brief: Both males and femal

Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Depends on your goal

There is a fair amount of variability in individuals' responses to feminizing hormones.
My guess that your doctor will move up on your estrogen dose, but would strongly encourage you not to "freelance" on your own. Some people get a more obvious response from injectable estradiol. A few people seem to get some breast enhancement from progesterone; highly individual. Measuring levels may help. Lg.

In brief: Depends on your goal

Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: The most you can

Expect is to stop hot flashes and improve vaginal sx's.
Do you sleep at night? Are you having hot flashes? 2 mg Estradiol should do the trick. The sx can overlap with stress and anxiety. If still with hot flashes consider a med like Cymbalta (duloxetine) at 30 mg, need an snri, not just an ssrisolid best results, may need something for sleep. With private consult we can examine more closely, this in my area.

In brief: The most you can

Dr. Chevies Newman
I totally misunderstood the question, I apologize, I thought you were in menopause.
Dr. Adam Levy