Long-time gp and rheumatologist do not agree. Gp says condition is fibro, rheum. Says I should start on dmards. What does the confused patient do?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See another Rheum

Not sure what the rheumatology diagnosis is but more likely both could be right.
We see a lot of people with both fibromyalgia and an additional diagnosis. You did not say what diagnosis you have been given by rheumatology. Again i need to know what data each physician is using.

In brief: See another Rheum

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Inflammation!

The specialist in rheumatology would not want to put you on dmards if you had no inflammation detected.
Stick with the rheumatologist for your pain. Maney pcps send me patients for fibromyalgia, who end up as an inflammatory arthritis, usually a spondylitisspondylitis. The fine points of diagnosis, i think are simple, but many pcps are unaware!

In brief: Inflammation!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Eric Weisman