I have a hard and tender abcess on the back of my tongue what is it?

In brief: Enlarged taste buds

Though most sore tongues are nothing to worry about, they are usually cause by some type of irritation.
You should consult a doctor if you have a lump or sore on your tongue that doesn't go away within a week or two.

In brief: Enlarged taste buds

Dr. Richard Leaderman
Dr. Richard Leaderman
Dr. Fay Gyapong
Dentistry

In brief: Tongue lesion

This type of a lesion is very concerning and i suggest that you visit an oral maxillofacial surgeon as soon as possible for a definitive diagnosis.

In brief: Tongue lesion

Dr. Fay Gyapong
Dr. Fay Gyapong

In brief: Hard to say

Please see your local dentist.
It could be anything from an enlarged taste bud, to an infection, to oral cancer. A clinical exam is necessary to diagnose your specific condition. Please seek help soon, and take care...

In brief: Hard to say

Please see your local dentist.
Dr. Marguerite Myers
Dr. Marguerite Myers
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine