I hit my leg the other day. Now there is a bump and its tender. No bruise tho. Did i damage the thigh muscle?

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Hematoma

A hematoma is a collection of blood, usually clotted, outside of a blood vessel that may occur because of an injury to the wall of a blood vessel allowing blood to leak out into tissues where it does not belong.
Sometimes your will see a bruise, other times not. Most hematomas can be treated with rest, ice, compression, and elevation (rice). They will gradually resolve over time on their own.

In brief: Hematoma

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede