I had a open lung biopsy and thoracotomy less then 2months ago I am having ruq pain and numbness is this normal. ?

Dr. Steven Beer
Neurosurgery

In brief: Numbness

I am assuming your numbness is near the incision which you had for the surgery.
If that is the case numbness as a result of having the small cutaneous nerves which travel along the skin is common. With incisions in the chest wall pain can take months to resolve. As always, however, i would recommend you discuss your symptoms with your surgeon to be sure other ominous sources are not responsible.

In brief: Numbness

Dr. Steven Beer
Dr. Steven Beer

In brief: Not usually

If right thoracic surgery, then discomfort in front on right and some numbness along that area thoracic nerve distribution is common and relatively temporary usually.

In brief: Not usually

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology