I'm 51 and have not had a period in 14 months. It just reappeared. My husband and i stopped using protection sometime ago. Can i still get pregnant?

Dr. David Adler

In brief: Unlikely....but

It would be extremely unlikely to get pregnant at age 51, but certainly you should check a urine pregnancy.
That being said, the definition of menopause is 12 months with no period. Since you went longer then that, you have post menopausal bleeding. See your gyn immediately so that he/she can fully evaluate you for this. I lived in balt for a number of years! wishing you the best in health.

In brief: Unlikely....but

Dr. David Adler
Dr. David Adler
Dr. Jane Van Dis