Need ideas on how to tell my boss(male) I have to take leave for a breast reduction surgery. Professionally..?

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Medical leave
Your boss does not need to know anything other than that you are having surgery and will have to take some time off to recover. Fortunately, it doesn't take long with this surgery.
He doesn't need to know nor do you legally have to tell him anything other than you need medical leave. If he asks, tell him it's private.

In brief: Medical leave
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: You don't
I would tell him that your doctor has recommended that you need a surgical procedure and that you will need to be out of work for a week to ten days.
You should not have to disclose the exact nature of the surgery, but since it is not emergency surgery, ask him when would be the best time for you to miss work.

In brief: You don't
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Professionally!
Ask to meet with your boss and take someone with you preferably a female.
This could be someone from hr, a colleague, a supervisor or other person. You should give enough disclosure for the "boss" to understand what is going on, what you will be doing, when you will return and what your needs will be. Don't disclose unnecessary information. Be professional and be discrete. Have a witness.

In brief: Professionally!
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Easy
Generally speaking, how much information you wish to disclose to your employer is a personal choice.
Usually, stating that a surgical procedure and an appropriate recovery time is planned, should suffice. If necessary, a nonspecific note from your surgeon may be helpful when it comes to describing limitations of activity when you do return to work. Best wishes.

In brief: Easy
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine