I had metastatic papillary thyroid cancer 3 yrs ago. Recent CT & u/s showed 8.5 mm echogenic lesion in sections 7 & 8 of right lobe. Recurrence?

Dr. Stephanie Lee
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Thyroid

Without a history of extensive other metastases outside the neck, it is unlikely the liver spots are from thyroid cancer.

In brief: Thyroid

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: The prior Hx

Of mets increses the probablity that another metastatic event will occur. Once metastatic, cure is not likely.
These lesions are perhaps to small to biopsy. I would wait until they are large enough to biopsy since the next therapy might make them disappear but do not influence your survival.

In brief: The prior Hx

Dr. Adam Smith