My daughter is 13 years old. Can she take pills for postponement of her menstrual cycle for 4 days?

Dr. Wendy Askew

She can - but she would need to be on them for probably at least a full month in order to reliably expect 'postponement'.
I.E. - if she is expecting her period in a week or 2 it's probably too late to start a pill pack hoping to defer /postpone the period that should be coming in the next week or so. If you have a vacation, or camp, or event in the future that you want to skip or postpone=better.

Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Wendy Askew
David Miller

In brief: WHY???

Why on earth would a 13 year old need to take pills to postpone her menstrual cycle? Typically, a girl that age would have irregular cycles at best.
Her cycles should get more regular as she matures. Messing with things this early on runs the risk of causing problems later.

In brief: WHY???

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Jonathan Jassey