At what age should my child get a flu shot? She is 2 1/2 years old.

Let me explain. U.S. Centers for disease control and prevention (cdc) recommends the flu vaccine for everyone, including children starting at 6 months. (babies under 6 months are too young to get vaccinated.
When available. Your kid is certainly old enough to receive one. The flu shot is modified every season to keep up with changes in the worldwide pattern of flu strains. She should get the vaccine as soon as the new season vaccine becomes available. If it is the first time, she would take 2 doses a month apart.