I had ulnar nerve decompression back on 3rd of january, i also suffer with crps type 1, my elbow is still extremely painful, is this normal?

Dr. Tarek Shahbandar
Anesthesiology

In brief: 3 mos

Normally i would tell patients it may take up i 3 months to heal.
In your case, though, because you have crps, i would be more aggressive with treatment. Ask your hand surgeon about seeing a pain specialist for sympathetic blocks to help reduce the pain. Your issue needs further evaluation and work up.

In brief: 3 mos

Dr. Tarek Shahbandar
Dr. Tarek Shahbandar

In brief: Not unique if CRPS

Your chronic pain issues, if present prior to the surgery, could complicate recovery, and you may be experiencing allodynia sensitivity, which might reverse with a stellate ganglion block.
But this is not simple, and does require expertise, and perhaps a postop EMG at about 6-8 weeks. Talk with your hand specialist, and get a strategy to deal with this.

In brief: Not unique if CRPS

Dr. Eric Weisman