How long does depression procedure last?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Depression procedure

I'm sorry, but i don't know what you mean by "depression procedure"? In many, depression is a chronic illness that requires treatment over time, and sometimes preventive maintenance too.
Medications usually show effect within 4-6 weeks. (sometimes longer). Psychotherapy is also essential, but doesn't "work" immediately either. Rtms procedures last about 40 min, 5 days/week for 4-6 weeks.

In brief: Depression procedure

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
2 comments
Dr. Bernadette Onuoha
A depressive episode(if that's what you mean by procedure) if untreated may last up to 9-12 months but most times with residual symptoms.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Thanks Dr. Onuoha -- that's yet another possible understanding of this question. :-)
Dr. Louis Cady

In brief: Depression procedure

If you are asking about tms, the typical treatment is 37 minutes, from start to finish of when the treatment coil is placed on your head.
This is a benign and highly effective treatment.

In brief: Depression procedure

Dr. Louis Cady
Dr. Louis Cady