I was on birth control for 3 months taking it irregularly. Had unprotected sex during . Had all my withdrawl periods . Does that mean i'm not pregnan?

Dr. Adrienne Lara

In brief: No.

Only a negative pregnancy test means you are not pregnant.
But, I am worried by your comments. If you are using bcp irregularly due to difficulty remembering etc. Maybe that method of bc is not your "cup of tea" there are other forms that promote better compliance & that would be better suited for you. Ex. The patch every week. The ring every month, depo every 3 months, iud for 5 or 10 yrs.

In brief: No.

Dr. Adrienne Lara
Dr. Adrienne Lara
Dr. Paula Hillard

In brief: Better birth control

Typically, having a withdrawal period at the expected time means no pregnancy.
I hope you've found a birth control method that works better for you. How about a larc--long-acting reversible contraceptive method--an iud or implant beneath your skin--very effective, very easy, and long-acting.

In brief: Better birth control

Dr. Paula Hillard
Dr. Paula Hillard
Dr. Jane Van Dis