What is the risk associated with having sexual intercourse with someone whose ex partner was diagnosed with HPV cervical cancer?

Very common. Hpv is prevalent. About 70& of all twenty year olds will acquire it by the time they become sexually active. Most individuals will clear it on their own in a few years so that by the time someone is thirty, only about five percent have hpv.
Read below. Cervical cancer is not infectious but its causative virus is. While many women are infected with hpv only some will go on to develop cervical cancer. You are at risk of hpv infection from a man whose partner had cervical cancer. This is why regular pap smears are important.