Got swollen red eyes w light sens & tears. Stopped wearing contacts, an eye doc. Prescribed tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) st. A day of drops helped but still sensitive.

Overwear syndrome. Sounds like you had a keratitis possibly from hypoxia due to overwear of your contact lenses. As long as your eye doctor ruled out a corneal ulcer your eyes will gradually recover. You may want to return to your physician to re-evaluate your present contact lens material and fit to avoid a recurrence. You may also want to be evaluated for dry eye which can decrease the contact lens performance.