For what length of time do I have to wait before getting pregnant after getting 5 milicurie of i-151 in a diagnostic scan ?

Dr. Christopher Powers
In brief: Don't wait
The amount of radiation you received is inconsequential.

In brief: Don't wait
Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. TAPAN CHAUDHURI
Nuclear Medicine
In brief: 6 MONTHS TO ONE YEAR
You mean i-131, not i-151.
5 millicuries of diagnostic i-131 means a whole body scan in which the doctor is looking for metastatic disease from thyroid cancer or any residual thyroid tissue in the neck. If the test comes out negative, one can wait 6 - 12 months to be pregannt. But if it turns out positive, then your doctor will give you therapy with i-131 in which case you have to wait longer.

In brief: 6 MONTHS TO ONE YEAR
You mean i-131, not i-151.
Dr. TAPAN CHAUDHURI
Dr. TAPAN CHAUDHURI
Dr. Akiva Mintz
Nuclear Medicine
In brief: I-131 or I-123?
There is no i-151.
You either received (1) i-123, which has a much shorter half life and there are no recommendations that you wait (for future scans, ask your doc about getting i-123); or (2) i-131, which if you did indeed receive 5mci, there may be those who recommend to wait 6 months due to its longer half life and therapeutic energy range (if you did indeed receive 5 millici).

In brief: I-131 or I-123?
There is no i-151.
Dr. Akiva Mintz
Dr. Akiva Mintz
Dr. Robert Carroll
Nuclear Medicine
In brief: Six months seems rea
Was the scan for thyroid cancer? Was it negative? What is your age? No really solid data.
Six months seems reasonable.

In brief: Six months seems rea
Six months seems reasonable.
Dr. Robert Carroll
Dr. Robert Carroll
Dr. Adam Levy