What type of doctor should I go to if I was in a car accident and want to check out my head and neck?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: PCP
You should see your pcp and if you don't have one, you should get one.
Otherwise any generalist, urgen care or walk-in clinic doctor or er doctor could start your evaluation. You may need no more than a direct history and exam. If other studies and evaluation are needed, then your pcp can direct you. You do not need to see a "specialist" to start with.

In brief: PCP
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Joseph Ortiz
In brief: Primary Care!
To do an initial evaluation i would recommend seeing a primary care family medicine doctor or internist.
If you are having new headaches, numbness, tingling, visual symptoms, nausea or vomiting or unexplained tiredness then you should go to the emergency room.

In brief: Primary Care!
Dr. Joseph Ortiz
Dr. Joseph Ortiz
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine