What does it mean when my ears and the back of my head at the base of my skull/top of my neck really hurts?

Dr. Joan Sy
In brief: Could Be Many Things
If w. Fever, a # of different infectns in areas (diff parts of ear/skull or mastoid area and even spinal cord) poss related to your pain.
Could be related to your blood vessel or vascular system, so important to check your blood pressure, or other vascular inflammatory cause. Hopefully just muscular tension, but best to see your doc asap to be sure it is nothing worrisome/dangerous. If bad g2 er.

In brief: Could Be Many Things
Dr. Joan Sy
Dr. Joan Sy
Justin Fuehrer
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Hard to say
If the pain is in a bandlike pattern at the base of your skull it could be something as simple as a tension headache.
The ear pain makes it a bit harder to figure out. Really need more information to answer this appropriately.

In brief: Hard to say
Justin Fuehrer
Justin Fuehrer
Answer assisted by Justin Fuehrer, Medical Student
Dr. Eric Weisman