My 21-y/o daughter is plagued by daily headaches with all test results normal. Any suggestions as to cause?

Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Taking meds?

Surprisingly, regular use of analgesics like tylenol (acetaminophen) or advil can be a cause of headaches.
When someone with chronic headaches has a negative workup, it can be helpful to have a trial off the over-the-counter headache medicines. It may be worthwhile discussing this with the physician working up the headaches.

In brief: Taking meds?

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
2 comments
Dr. Albert Pizzo
I agree with Dr. Puppata. However tension headaches and migraine headaches do not have a test to confirm this type of headache. So all tests normal does not mean that she isnot having some type of common heaadaches that are treatable. Perhaps a consultation witha neurologist or integrative medicine specialist is warranted.
Dr. Shaym Puppala
I agree completely with Dr. Pizzo.
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Daily headaches

A frequent cause are migraine headaches and or tension headaches.
Your daughter needs to see her doctor for an examination to determine the cause.

In brief: Daily headaches

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo