I woke up this morning and my right side of my hand was numb amd it has been numb all throughout the day ?

Dr. Christopher Dowd
In brief: See physician
There are a few considerations here that range in severity.
Typically the "pins & needles" you get from "sleeping on it wrong" doesn't last all day. Carpal tunnel and similar syndromes are a consideration, as are more centrally located nerve problems. Would also have to consider a stroke/tia (mini-stroke). The best idea would be to see a physician.

In brief: See physician
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Numbness
Numbness of the hand upon awakening can be due to pressure of the nerve to the hand during sleep.
This should resolve in a few minutes after the pressure is relieved. If it persists all day, you may have something more serious compressing your nerve to the hand, may have a nutritional deficiency, or some other problem. Go see a regular doctor asap.

In brief: Numbness
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. William Harris
There are 3 nerves that give you sensation to the hand. The worst case scenario here is that you could have a neck vertebral disk compressing the nerve that goes to half of your hand. Part of seeing your doctor may include getting an MRI on your neck!
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine