I woke up this morning and my right side of my hand was numb amd it has been numb all throughout the day?

See physician. There are a few considerations here that range in severity. Typically the "pins & needles" you get from "sleeping on it wrong" doesn't last all day. Carpal tunnel and similar syndromes are a consideration, as are more centrally located nerve problems. Would also have to consider a stroke/tia (mini-stroke). The best idea would be to see a physician.
Numbness. Numbness of the hand upon awakening can be due to pressure of the nerve to the hand during sleep. This should resolve in a few minutes after the pressure is relieved. If it persists all day, you may have something more serious compressing your nerve to the hand, may have a nutritional deficiency, or some other problem. Go see a regular doctor asap.