I tend to have a headache everyday most of the tension is in the back of my head. What could this be?

David Miller
In brief: Cervicogenic
Sounds like this could be a cervicogenic headache.
The muscles in the back of your neck pull on the membrane covering your skull. The membrane, in turn, pulls on the muscles on your skull, causing headache pain. Cervicogenic headache can respond well to ice and meds like advil and tylenol (acetaminophen). It also responds well to osteopathic manipulation, which can help to relax the muscles in your neck.

In brief: Cervicogenic
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. David Wyatt
In brief: Ice/massage
Agree totally with dr miller. Ice on and off at 10-15 mins.
Using frozen peas work great wrapped in a thin towel- they conform to the curves of the neck easily, no sharp edges and are reusable! agree also with manipulation- either chiropractor or massage.

In brief: Ice/massage
Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. David Wyatt