I had a sudden numbness and tingling in my left arm and leg any suggestions on what could be wrong with me?

Left sided numbness. These are symptoms of great concern. There are several possibilites one of which could be a warning of an impending stroke. You should call your doctor asap to report this and get seen for an examination to determine the cause. Do not delay this. If you suddenly worsen call 911. Alert your family that you are having trouble and do not be alone until you get medical help.
Continuous?off & on. If it is one time event and without any weakness compared to right side and none since then it is not serious. If recurrent or persistent, it may be due to pathology in right brain.