My wrist doesn't hurt but my thumb is killing me. Could it be from having carpal tunnel?

Thumb pain especiall. At the base of thumb commonly is due to arthritis or tendonitis, the nerve pain that affects the thumb and fingers can be from carpal tunnel too but its is a diferent type of pain, a numb tingling pain that in severe cases of cts is known as dysesthesia or painful feeling.
No. The symptoms you describe suggest a tendonitis or arthritis. Carpal tunnel syndrome presents with pins and needles, numbness or electric shock sensation in a different distribution in the hand.