1 doctor weighed in:

Bee sting on my thumb from two days ago won't stop hurting, feels stiff and slightly swollen?

1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Stick it out

This is not an allergic reaction.
You're having a significant toxic reaction to the sting, but it will go away. The only other thing to watch for is redness or pus; if the area becomes hot and red, and the area of redness keeps growing, you may have an infection of the skin, since the stinger usually pushes bacteria into the skin during the sting. You need to see your doctor and start antibiotics.

In brief: Stick it out

This is not an allergic reaction.
You're having a significant toxic reaction to the sting, but it will go away. The only other thing to watch for is redness or pus; if the area becomes hot and red, and the area of redness keeps growing, you may have an infection of the skin, since the stinger usually pushes bacteria into the skin during the sting. You need to see your doctor and start antibiotics.
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Marsha Davis
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
24 years in practice
67M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors