What can I do about my needle phobia?

Relax imagine. Simple phobias can be very effectively treated with behavioral techniques of relaxation and imagery usually using a progressive hierarchy. Sometimes distraction helps. Clinical and health psychologist, medical psychologist often have a great deal of experience dealing with a variety of medical phobias.
CBT. Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias. One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.