Do you think that I could greatly reduce my risk of HIV if I take a shower after unprotected sex or eat garlic?

Dr. Melvin Glover

In brief: No

I would recommend that you use latex condoms to reduce the risk of sexual transmission of hiv.

In brief: No

Dr. Melvin Glover
Dr. Melvin Glover
Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: No!

That is a complete myth and you are putting yourself at great risk.
If someone said that to you, tell them they are extremely irresponsible. If you got HIV during unprotected sex, taking a shower isn't going to wash anything off - it's inside you and already infected you. Eating garlic? How does that work. The best thing is to use protection and know your partner's history before sex.

In brief: No!

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Marsha Davis