If you have a cold sore on your lip, does this mean you have full fledged infectious herpes?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
I am not sure what you mean by "full fledged" infectious herpes, but i will say you do have active infectious herpes that can be transmitted and needs to be treated.

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Levi Palmer
Dentistry - Pediatric
In brief: Maybe
A sore anywhere is difficult to self diagnose.
It'd be a quick stop at a dentist office to get an opinion. If one develops a blister/bump on the lip from HSV, it is infectious. Care not to touch and spread the virus should be taken. A dentist can Rx you antiviral medications that are right for you.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Levi Palmer
Dr. Levi Palmer
Dr. Marsha Davis