If you have a cold sore on your lip, does this mean you have full fledged infectious herpes?

Yes. I am not sure what you mean by "full fledged" infectious herpes, but I will say you do have active infectious herpes that can be transmitted and needs to be treated.
Maybe. A sore anywhere is difficult to self diagnose. It'd be a quick stop at a dentist office to get an opinion. If one develops a blister/bump on the lip from HSV, it is infectious. Care not to touch and spread the virus should be taken. A dentist can Rx you antiviral medications that are right for you.