Does your tooth turn gray after a root canal?

Sometimes. The darkening of a tooth after trauma or root canal treatment is the result of blood from the pulp penetrating the dentin (tooth structure) and oxidizing (rusts). This condition can occasionally be corrected with bleaching. It should be noted however that bleaching has been linked to a destructive condition known as cervical resorption. Check with your dds what would be best for you.
It might. Teeth that are no longer vital tend to darken. Whitening and cosmetic restorations are sometimes used to bring back the natural color.