My girlfriend has aids and we had unprotected sex because she said that the birth control protected me, true?

Dr. Alan Stein
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No

Bc does not protect you, only condoms, and getting her viral load to undetectable.

In brief: No

Dr. Alan Stein
Dr. Alan Stein
Dr. Lisa Lepine
Gynecology

In brief: No

The birth control pill, when used correctly, protects against pregnancy.
But it provides no protection against sexually transmitted infections for either partner.

In brief: No

Dr. Lisa Lepine
Dr. Lisa Lepine
Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology

In brief: Get tested

The safest way to protect yourself is using condoms correctly each and every time. Get yourself tested asap. Initial HIV infection can just feel like flu, or less. Female to male transmission is very possible, like happened to laker legend magic johnson.

In brief: Get tested

Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Marsha Davis