My friend has (mouth) herpes but still lets people eat/drink after her. How can I get her to protect others?

Dr. Ray Tidman
In brief: Be aware
We do not need to be "germaphobes" but we can be kind to those around us.
If your physician has diagnosed an infection in you of any kind , inquire how it is transmitted and how to prevent same. Truth be told some "terrible" bugs are real wimps in the real world. The common cold can stay on door knobs. Sexually transmitted diseases are only spread with close contact in a narrow temp & moisture...

In brief: Be aware
Dr. Ray Tidman
Dr. Ray Tidman
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Tell her the truth
You need to explain to your friend that she puts at risk those who eat from the same dishware when she has active lesions and that she needs to warn her friends/family members of the risk of infection associated with that.

In brief: Tell her the truth
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine